Terms & Conditions
Terms of Business
We are Trade Counter Direct Ltd., a company registered at Loribon House, Aspen Way, Yalberton Industrial Estate, Paignton Devon, TQ4 7QR (No 2261 747). We are part of The Select Group of Companies Ltd., of the same address (No. 2289 216).
When you (the person named on the order) place an order with us you do so under these business terms:
We sell goods through our website and over the telephone from www.tradecounterdirect.com. The price payable for the goods you order is as set out on our web site at the time you place your order.
We reserve the right to change the price of commodity goods, such as goods containing iron or copper, due to market conditions but we will confirm the prevailing price with you before accepting your order. We are not obliged to accept your order for such goods and may decline it or limit the order quantity.
We regularly update our products and prices and occasionally an error may occur and goods may be incorrectly priced. If goods are offered for sale incorrectly we try to honour the prices but we are not obliged to supply the goods at the incorrect price. We will contact you to explain the situation and if we cannot resolve the matter we reserve the right to refuse your order and refund any payment we have received.
All of our goods are offered to you on a payment with order basis. Your payment in full including applicable delivery charges is due to us when we dispatch your goods. We will only accept your order if it is accompanied by payment in full. We accept most credit cards, debit cards, PayPal or payment by cheque. Cheques must clear in full before goods will be dispatched.
Credit accounts are available on request, subject to written approval under separate Terms of Business. Email us for an application form.
Credit accounts shall make payment in full at the end of the month following the date of invoice. Time shall be of the essence for payment. We may revoke credit if you fail to make payment when due. If payment is not made when due, interest is payable we retain the right to charge you at the annual rate of 5 per cent over Barclay’s then current base rate on the amount outstanding from the due date for payment until receipt by us of the full amount (including any accrued interest) whether before or after judgement, together with any reasonable legal or other recovery costs.
As an Account Customer you are responsible for all orders placed by your authorised employees. Individual order limits imposed by you on your authorised employees is your responsibility to uphold. It is your responsibility to inform us in writing as soon as a relevant employee is no longer authorised by you to place and receive orders.
If you should want to order by telephone please contact us on 01803 666630.
The prices we quote always include VAT at the applicable rate. The main price featured on our website is shown excluding VAT with the inclusive of VAT price shown in brackets underneath.
We will normally dispatch your goods on the same working day, provided that your order is received by us before 3pm. You will receive a confirmation email when your order has been dispatched along with a tracking number of the courier used.
Orders placed on Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays will be processed on the next available working day.
Our UK & ROI Delivery Services (See postcode table for exclusions).:
Click here to see a Graphic Version.
- FREE UK Standard: For UK orders over £50 net. 2-4 working days. UK Mainland Only.
- Royal Mail: Only for UK orders 3kgs or less and no more than 61x46x46cm in size. 3 - 5 working days. UK only (exc ROI).
- EXPRESS Next Day: For UK orders (placed before 3pm) delivery 9am – 5pm on the next available working day (excludes weekends). UK Mainland Only.
- TURBO Next Day by 12pm: For UK orders (placed before 3pm) delivery by 12pm on the next available working day (excludes weekends). UK Mainland Only.
- Scottish Highlands: 2 – 3 working days. Check postcode table to confirm if your postcode is deemed “Highland”.
- Scottish Islands: 3 - 4 working days. Check postcode table for Island postcodes.
- Northern Ireland: 2 – 4 working days.All BT postcodes.
- Isle of Wight: 2 - 4 working days. Rate based on orders up to 5kgs, see rate per kg thereafter.
- UK Islands: 2 - 4 working days. Includes: Channel Island, Scilly Isles and Isle of Man. Rate based on orders up to 5kgs, see rate per kg thereafter.
- Republic of Ireland: 2 - 4 working days. 1 flat rate for all orders 0 – 31kgs. 31kgs is max weight TCD will ship to RoI in one consignment.
NB "Working Days" excludes weekends, Bank Holidays and any other public holiday.
EXCLUSIONS: Economy, Express & Turbo Delivery options are not available to: Scottish Highlands & Islands; UK Isles; Isle of Wight; Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
Non-Mainland UK Postcode Table (as provided by our courier Interlink/ DPD.)
- Scottish Highlands - Starting: FK17-99, G83, IV1-28, IV33-39, KW, PA21-33, PA35-40, PH18-26, PH30, PH31-42
- Scottish Islands - Starting: HS1-9, IV40-51, IV55-56, KA27, KA28, KW15-17, PA20, PA34, PA41-48, PA60-78, PH42-44, ZE1-3
- Northern Ireland - Starting: BT
- Isle of Wight - Starting: PO31-41
- UK Isles (Channel, Man & Scilly) - Starting: JE, GY, IM, TR21, TR25
Overseas Orders - We do deliver outside of the UK.
Contact us for a delivery quote. To receive an accurate delivery quote, you will be required to provide your full overseas delivery address (inc. postal/ zip code) along with the product codes for the items you are interested in shipping.
We will deliver the goods in accordance with your order usually within the stated delivery time. Please check the delivery lead times stated on each product before placing your order. In the unlikely event that we do not make the goods available to you within 30 days of accepting your order you will have the option of cancelling your order by notifying us accordingly prior to delivery.
A valid signature will be required on collection or delivery. In the unlikely event that you have not received all the goods within the stated delivery time, you must notify us immediately.
You must do all that you reasonably can to enable delivery to take place at the given time and place. If you delay delivery, or delivery fails because you have not taken appropriate steps, we will try to arrange for an alternative delivery date within 30 days of the failed delivery. If delivery fails as a result of circumstances within your reasonable control, the cost of any re-delivery shall be borne by you. If we are unable to arrange a date for re-delivery we may cancel your order and refund to you the price that you have paid for the goods, less the failed delivery costs.
Please note that if you refuse goods from our Courier once they have been sent to you, we reserve the right to bill you for both the cost of sending the item and the return of the item to us. If you refuse an order without instruction from ourselves and it becomes lost in transit we will not refund the value of goods as all liability will have passed to the person who refused the delivery.
When you have received your goods please check that your order has been fulfilled immediately. In the unlikely event that your order is missing an item, please contact us within 3 days of delivery, so that we can resolve this for you efficiently. If we have previously contacted you about a stock issue we will endeavour mark on your order that these goods are 'to follow' or will advise prior to dispatch if your order is to be dispatched in more than one consignment.
Delivery Costs Explained
Free Delivery is available on orders over £50net to UK mainland addresses only (see Postcode table above for 'Non-Mainland' UK exclusions).
Free Delivery is not available on the following exceptions:
1. Orders weighing over 10kg
2. Items which exceed 1m in height, width or length
3. Items of a toxic or hazardous nature
All Delivery Prices are based on orders weighing up to 10kg in weight with the exception of The UK Isles (which is caculated up to 5kg) and Republic of Ireland (which as a flat rate from 0 - 31kgs). A fixed rate per kg thereafter will be charged for every additional kg.
Mainland UK - Orders over 10 kilo (See postcode table for availability):
- Economy: 31p / kilo
- Express: 44p / kilo
- Turbo: 52p / kilo
Non-Mainland UK – Orders over 10 kilo (per kilo thereafter rate):
- Scottish Highlands: 36p / kilo
- Scottish Islands: 80p / kilo
- Northern Ireland: 80p / kilo
- Isle of Wight: £1.15 / kilo
- UK Isles: £1.45 / kilo (starts after 5kg)
- Republic of Ireland: £22 flat rate 0 – 31 kilo
Overseas Orders - We do delivery outside of the UK.
To receive an accurate delivery quote, you will be required to provide your full overseas delivery address (inc. postal/ zip code) along with the product codes for the items you are interested in shipping. Please contact our Sales Team on 01803 666630 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whilst we always try to keep adequate stock levels however on occasions of unexpectedly high demand it is possible we may run out. If this situation arises Trade Counter Direct reserve the right, at our discretion, to delay the dispatch of your order for a couple of days while new stock is obtained or to send your order in instalments (at no additional cost to you). If you have opted for a premium delivery service, or we are expecting a longer delay we will use the information you have provided with your order to keep you informed of progress. You may contact us at any time to check the progress of your order.
Please note that some of the images included in our product decriptions are for illustrative purposes.
Where things like strikes, wars, acts of terrorism or even small things like power cuts interfere in our business with you, we will do our best to keep things going. We shall have no liability to you for any failure which is due to such unforeseen circumstances or any other situation outside our control.
Age restrictions apply to the supply of some goods. By ordering these goods you confirm that you are over 18 and that the person receiving the delivery is also over 18.
You may only use this website in accordance with these Terms and, in any event, for lawful and proper purposes which include complying with all applicable laws and regulations within the UK or any other jurisdiction from which you are accessing this website.
You agree that you will not:
1. transmit or disseminate any information via this website or do anything which is or may be harmful, obscene, threatening, defamatory or otherwise in breach of any applicable laws or regulations;
2.use this website in a manner which may cause an infringement of our copyright, privacy or the rights of any other party;
3. interfere or attempt to interfere with the operation of this website via whatever means including but not limited to uploading or transmitting material containing corrupt data or software viruses or to intercept or access without authority any system or data; or
4. interfere with, deface or alter this website or the underlying software code.
Responsibility for Content
You (the website user/ customer) are solely responsible for the content of the comments you make on our product reviews or on any social networking website to which we are linked including Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube and others. TCD are not responsible for the content or opinions posted or sent by users. You take responsibility for postings under your username.
Our site may contain links to other sites. We accept no responsibility for the content of any site to which a l ink from this site exists. The links are provided as is with no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within them. Please note that we are not responsible for their privacy practices.
Nothing in these Terms of Business is intended to affect your statutory rights or to limit our liability for death, personal injury or fraudulent misrepresentation resulting from our negligence. If there is a problem you may receive a refund or replacement under the terms of our Guarantee. Our liability to you will always be limited to a full refund of the goods purchased. We will not compensate for delivery delays or failures unless you have requested a premium delivery option. In these circumstances our liability to you will be limited to a refund of the delivery charges you have paid. Our liability to you specifically excludes compensation for indirect or consequential loss or damage however it arises and except as described above will always be limited to a refund of your payment.
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment
The WEEE regulations (January 2007) ensure that the amount of waste on certain electrical and electronic equipment is reduced, separated from household waste, collected separately and ultimately disposed of in a sound environmental manner (recycled and recovered).
Under the WEEE Regulations, Trade Counter Direct.com is classified as a distributor and we are obliged to provide the following information:
- The "crossed out wheelie bin" symbol on electrical and electronic equipment indicates that it is classified as WEEE, meaning that when it is no longer usable it should not be treated as normal household waste.
- The WEEE Regulations aim to minimise the amount of WEEE householders throw out with their general rubbish. By keeping WEEE separate from other waste it can be treated, the hazardous substances can be removed and a large amount of waste can be recycled rather than sent to landfill.
- We offer to take back any waste WEEE product when you are purchasing an equivalent item from our website www.tradecounterdirect.com. You can return your waste WEEE products to our Head Office and Warehouse address: Loribon House, Aspen Way, Yalberton Industrial Estate, Paignton, Devon TQ4 7QR.
- If you are not local to our warehouse, you can send your WEEE items to the address above at your cost. Please telephone our Customer Services for more information on 01803 666630.
Further information about the WEEE Regulations and the benefits of recycling can be found here
Waste Batteries & Accumulators
Under the Waste Battery Regulations, Trade Counter Direct.com Ltd are now offering a take back scheme for all portable waste batteries.
- You can return your waste batteries (but not lead/acid batteries) to us in person to our warehouse & Head Office (Loribon House, Aspen Way, Yalberton Industrial Est, Paignton, Devon) where we will then dispose of them securely through the Battery Compliance Scheme.
- Alternatively, if you are unable to return your waste batteries to our Head Office and Warehouse address, you can find your local waste portable battery recycling facility at: http://www.recyclenow.co.uk/default.asp.
- Please DO NOT post waste batteries to us.
- Other locations where you might find collection bins for used batteries include: most high street supermarkets and shops, libraries, town halls, schools, doctors surgeries.