- By placing an order via our website, you are legally entering into a contract with Select Group T/A Trade Counter Direct Ltd and therefore accept all our Terms & Conditions stated below.
- As part of the checkout procedure, you will be given the opportunity to check and verify your details and therefore Trade Counter Direct cannot be liable for errors made by the Buyer.
- We reserve the right to cancel any order at any time in which case all funds paid will be refunded to the original payment card.
- Please ensure you have all the correct billing and delivery information before processing your order as we are unable to amend or change any details once your order has been placed.
- All our products are quoted excluding and including VAT at the current rate.
- It is our intention to keep our website up-to-date and error-free, product description or pricing errors may occur. If we discover such an error after you have submitted an order to us, we will contact you prior to accepting the order with the correct details.
- All our product descriptions and images are given in good faith however due to product enhancement may result in a change and therefore do not form any part of our contract. Images and colors on the website may not be accurate and are provided for guidance only.
- All GRP meter boxes advertised on the website may arrive with cosmetic imperfections including scuffs and scratches. This is due to the nature of the material used in the manufacturing process and is unavoidable therefore we will not issue replacements or refunds regarding the above.
- Trade Counter Direct aims to provide the best prices possible for the Consumer therefore prices may differ daily. Once an order has been placed, we are unable to price match.
- Payments can be made by any options advertised on our website.
- Payments shall be due before delivery. If payment fails, your order will be canceled.
- To ensure your credit/debit card is not being used without your consent, we may validate your name, address, and other personal information supplied by you during the order process to ensure the person(s) making the payment are legitimate.
- We can offer a 30-day credit account to companies that have a previous order history with us. During the application process, it is necessary for us to run credit and background checks alongside contacting the trade references provided. Only when this has been completed will an account be active to use.
- Carriage is paid on deliveries with a net value over £199.00 to the UK mainland however there are exclusions to this including heavy or large products that require pallets which will be calculated upon checkout.
- If the Buyer requires a Next Day service, this will need to be requested at the time of ordering and an additional fee will be applied.
- Some postal addresses in Northern Ireland, some offshore islands, and remote areas of Great Britain may not be covered by our delivery services, and we may not be able to arrange delivery of items to such addresses. If this becomes apparent after the order has been placed, we will endeavor to contact the Buyer as soon as possible.
- Any orders to be delivered outside the UK mainland excluding Ireland you will be responsible to pay your import duties, taxes and any handling charges. It is your responsibility to find out what these are prior to ordering and your responsibility to pay for them.
- Trade Counter Direct makes every effort to deliver goods within the timeframe specified however we cannot guarantee delivery nor accept liability for deliveries made outside this timescale nor do we accept liability for out-of-pocket expenses or costs incurred due to failed or delayed deliveries. This also applies to orders which are shipped direct from manufacturers.
- Claims for any damaged, shortage, or partial loss in transit must be notified to Trade Counter Direct within 2 working days of receipt. Notification out of this period invalidates the claim and no responsibility will be accepted by Trade Counter Direct.
- There is a £25 return to sender fee for any order that is palletized
- If after 3 failed delivery attempts the courier will issue a Return to Sender and the goods will be returned to Trade Counter Direct. Once returned the order will be refunded minus the cost of delivery.
- You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason. If your order has yet to have been dispatched, we will issue a full refund including postage costs. If your order has already been dispatched, then you will need to proceed through the returns process in which your carriage fee may not be refunded.
Business returns policy:
- All returns must be authorized by a member of our customer service team.
- Products must be returned within 30 days of purchase, in their original packaging and in a re-sellable condition.
- Customized or special order products are not eligible for return or exchange.
- Shipping costs for returned items are the responsibility of the customer.
- A restocking fee of 15% may be applied to all returns.
Consumer returns policy:
- You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund.
- We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
- Items that have been opened or damaged may be eligible for a partial refund at our discretion.
- Customized or personalized items are not eligible for return or exchange.
- All returns must be authorized by a member of our customer service team.
- If you have any goods supplied by Trade Counter Direct that are not functioning correctly within the first 12 months after your purchase, please notify us via email with a description of the damage and images or a short video showing the fault.
- Certain products will be replaced or refunded, and others will be repaired according to the manufacturer’s warranty. Components (parts and accessories) subject to natural wear and tear, including but not limited to Service & Maintenance Kits, carbon brushes, bearings, chuck, SDS drill bit attachment or reception, power cord, auxiliary handle, transport carry case, sanding plate, dust bag, dust exhaust tube, Felt Washers, Impact Wrench Pins & springs, etc. will not be covered by a manufacturer's warranty or our 12 Month Guarantee. All products will be tested upon return and any misuse will not be covered by the 12-month guarantee.
- Trade Counter Direct shall not be responsible for any delays beyond our control e.g. Strikes, civil commotions, natural disasters, fires, epidemic
- Nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall exclude or restrict our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
- Trade Counter Direct will not be liable for any indirect loss, any loss of business or profits, wages, fees or expenses caused by the goods or any part of them breaking down or failing to work properly.
Trade Reward Points
- You can become an account holder via our account page (www.tradecounterdirect.com) from the account icon in the top right corner of the website. You must have an account in order to earn and redeem loyalty points. You can start earning loyalty points from your first purchase with an account. Points will be added to your account within 24hrs of your purchase.
- Loyalty points do not have any cash value and cannot be used or exchanged for money. You can also not transfer your points to anyone else or any other website within Select Trade Brands. To utilise loyalty points for a purchase you must have other items within the checkout basket of full RRP. You also have a loyalty point usage limit on how many points can be accumulated within one transaction.
- Loyalty points are awarded based on the product item purchased, not on the price of that item. Loyalty points can be earned from any item within our online shop, including sale items. The cost of delivery is not included or cannot be redeemed with loyalty points.
- You, the user, must have the appropriate points required for each item in order to utilise your points and make a purchase. In order to earn and use loyalty points you must be a customer.
- If you wish to refund or cancel your purchase any awarded loyalty points will be deducted from your account.
- Once you have made a purchase utilizing any points the relative loyalty points will be deducted from your account. You will have full visibility over loyalty points activity within your account under the ‘Loyalty Points’ section.
- You may cancel your account at any time, however, any loyalty points remaining will be forfeited and voided. You cannot swap or exchange loyalty points for any monetary equivalent, as mentioned above.
- All account holder’s loyalty points will expire and be forfeited 12 months from the original date they were earned.
- Points will not be awarded if in a reasonable opinion the merchandise purchased will be used for resale and any points awarded on such purchases will be forfeited. If a customer was awarded points for an offer or promotion in which a Member purchased product(s) in excess of reasonable quantities, the points awarded as a result of that offer or promotion may be forfeited without prior notice and the Account may be suspended or closed.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will maintain the privacy and security of all personal information collected from Members, including, but not limited to: name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, account number and purchasing information (“Personal Information”).
You understand that through your use of the account setup, you consent to the collection and use of this information. We may need to provide you with certain communications, such as service announcements and administrative messages.
These communications are considered part of your Account.
Social Media and Links
- The Buyer is solely responsible for the content of the comments you make on our product reviews or any social networking website to which we are linked and therefore Trade Counter Direct is not responsible for the contact or opinions posted or sent by users.
- Our website may contain links to other sites. We accept no responsibility for the contact of any site to which a link from this site exists. The links are provided as is, with no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within them.
The WEEE regulations (January 2007) ensure that the amount of waste on certain electrical and electronic equipment is reduced, separated from household waste, collected separately and ultimately disposed of in a sound environmental manner (recycled and recovered).
Under the WEEE Regulations, Trade Counter Direct.com is classified as a distributor and we are obliged to provide the following information:
- The "crossed-out wheelie bin" symbol on electrical and electronic equipment indicates that it is classified as WEEE, meaning that when it is no longer usable it should not be treated as normal household waste.
- The WEEE Regulations aim to minimise the amount of WEEE householders throw out with their general rubbish. By keeping WEEE separate from other waste it can be treated, the hazardous substances can be removed and a large amount of waste can be recycled rather than sent to a landfill.
- We offer to take back any waste WEEE product when you are purchasing an equivalent item from our website www.tradecounterdirect.com. You can return your waste WEEE products to our Head Office and Warehouse Address: Loribon House, Aspen Way, Yalberton Industrial Estate, Paignton, Devon TQ4 7QR.
- If you are not local to our warehouse, you can send your WEEE items to the address above at your cost. Please telephone our Customer Services for more information on 01803 666630.
Further information about the WEEE Regulations and the benefits of recycling can be found here
Waste Batteries & Accumulators
Under the Waste Battery Regulations, Trade Counter Direct.com Ltd is now offering a take-back scheme for all portable waste batteries.
- You can return your waste batteries (but not lead/acid batteries) to us in person at our warehouse & Head Office (Loribon House, Aspen Way, Yalberton Industrial Est, Paignton, Devon) where we will then dispose of them securely through the Battery Compliance Scheme.
- Alternatively, if you are unable to return your waste batteries to our Head Office and Warehouse address, you can find your local waste portable battery recycling facility at http://www.recyclenow.co.uk/default.asp.
- Please DO NOT post waste batteries to us.
- Other locations where you might find collection bins for used batteries include most high street supermarkets and shops, libraries, town halls, schools, doctors' surgeries.