Carroll and Meynell C/M5003 3 Outlet Intermittent Transformer 3.3 Kva
Product Code: C/M15002
Carroll and Meynell Three Socket Intermittent Transformer
Primarily for use when using portable electric tools on outdoor sites.
- Manufacture to BSEN 61558
- Thermal overload protection
- Glass reinforced polyester (GRP) case providing ingress protection to IP44
- Output sockets to BSEN 60309 / IEC 60309 (Previously BS4343)
- 2 meter input mains lead
- 2 x 16 Amp outlets
- 1 x 32 Amp outlet
- Intermittent transformer
These transformers are rated for intermittent operation at their maximum listed power capability for a duty cycle of 25%. I.e. 5 minutes 'ON' 15 minutes 'OFF'. They may be used in a continuous operation mode at a rating of 50% of their maximum capability. E.g. a 3.3KVA unit may be operated continuously at 1.65KVA
This item shipped without an input plug. Maximum input current 23A.
Portable Tool Transformer - Safety Instructions
1. The transformer will get warm in normal use, make sure that the heat will not damage any floor covering that it is standing on. It is not advisable to place the transformer onto carpet, vinyl floor covering, etc., and use at continuous rating for any length of time.
2. Although the transformer may be of insulated construction, it is not double insulated (class 2) and the earth pin of the output socket must be connected to the centre point of the secondary winding and to the transformer incoming earth.
3. The transformer may be fitted with an over temperature cut-out switch, in the event of this operating, let the unit cool down then reset the cut-out switch before using again.
4. Power tool transformers must not be tested as class 2 appliances on portable appliance testers, flash test only at 1.5 KV.
5. Check the transformer power rating against the power rating of the tool you are going to use. The transformer can supply portable tools in normal use up to the rating shown on the transformer and consultation with the above table. Care should be taken when using the transformer to supply constant loads, i.e. floodlights, wallpaper strippers etc. The transformer can only supply about half of its rated power to continuous load like this.
6. Power tool transformers have an inherent high inrush current, in the event of the fuse blowing on switch, check that the fuse in the input plug is suitably rated and is of the anti surge type. Miniature circuit breakers protecting the sockets should have a type 4 tripping characteristic.
If you have technical questions regarding this product please fill in this Enquiry form.
This product currently has no reviews.
Please login to leave a review